Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tips I was given to wash baby's clothes

It should be straight forward BUT:
Allergen-free laundry detergent (i.e. no scent), and NO fabric softener. I was dreaming of nice flowery scents on our baby's clothes, I guess we'll have to do without it... :(
I remember Bea giving me one of Hugo's onesie when I left to Norway, it smelled both like him and also like fabric softener, very comforting! Guess he wasn't allergic.
Plus, clothes that aren't 100% cotton or close don't wash well and don't stay soft, which isn't recommended for a baby's skin and can cause rashes.
Being pretty allergic and having eczema+skin issues pretty quickly myself, I can easily picture this. And we already use non-scented laundry detergent for Shad who's allergic to regular laundry detergents...
We're both hoping Gabe won't inherit from our allergic genes...

No comments: