Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Medical check-up for US immigration

Hmmm...
So yesterday I went to this supposed-to-be very thorough medical check-up here in Oslo, requested by the US immigration.. After freaking out about it for a few days, as I HATE going to the doctor's, turns out that for the modest price of 2700kr (340€,$440), I was just asked: "Are you healthy?". What kind of an idiot would say no!
So the "doctor" replied: "Yeah, you look pretty healthy to me", checked on my application that everything was "normal", and that was it, I was done.
Doctors in Norway... when originally, I was to be asked if I smoke, drink, am on any drug, if I have any kind of disease.. Nothing at all. Guess they just trust you on your smile here. Hope it will be that easy for the interview at the American Embassy!

No comments: